Hi! I’m Devon (pronounced Devin), a writer and editor specializing in B2C and B2B content marketing, with a background in journalism. A lot of my work centers around money and language — though I’ve written about many other things in my time as a freelancer. My throughline is writing about complex topics with nuance, creativity, and clarity.
Clients And Publications
What I Do
Writing and Editing
- Write engaging content while using tactics to meet clients’ content goals, including everything from SEO and first-SERP rankings to social engagement
- Revise or rewrite existing content to best target the intended audience
- Vet and interview industry experts to add color and bolster reader trust
- Find and analyze the most relevent and timely data to ground arguments in fact and add context
- Synthesize large, complex data sets to find the most valuable and interesting highlights
- Analyze existing competitor content to ensure what I write rises to the top
- Stick to — or help create — a tactical, company-specific style guide to ensure brand consistency
- Collaborate with relevent teams (content/design/social) to deliver the most targeted, useful content
– Articles/Blog posts
– Case studies
– White papers
– Content updates
What My Clients Are Saying
Devon is a regular — and trusted — freelancer for me on studies and surveys. I am especially thankful for Devon’s ability to find the right external sources to supplement our internal study data, especially amid the coronavirus pandemic and on related topics. I can always trust Devon to turn her work in on time, and I almost never have to go back to her for any sorts of revisions. She takes feedback well and improves upon her work in future pieces.Dan Shepard, Senior Editor at LendingTree
I had the pleasure of working with Devon on several content projects. She came highly recommended by a writer and editor I respect, and she exceeded my already high expectations. If you’re looking for someone who knows how to put together a well-research article or case study that brings your brand’s voice to life—Devon is your writer.Anthony Carlton, Vice President at Farther Finance
I’ve been writing professionally for the past seven years or so and I have a Bachelor’s degree in journalism from Boston University. I got my start as a staff writer at NerdWallet, where I worked on a wide variety of projects for the content team, including collaborating on social media campaigns, contributing to gated content, creating quizzes and online tools, and conceptualizing and executing a new content series.
After that, I made the move to freelancing. Since then, I’ve had the opportunity to work with a wide variety of clients, including traditional media outlets as well as private companies and startups in the B2B and B2C spaces. Through that work, I’ve strengthened my expertise as a financial writer and expanded to cover topics like insurance, healthcare, and communication. My writing has been featured in publications like the L.A. Times, U.S. News and World Report, Farther Finance, Teen Vogue, Grammarly, Mashable, The Startup, Writer (formerly Qordoba), Insider, Forbes, MarketWatch, CNBC, and USA Today, among others.
When I’m not writing (or updating my many spreadsheets), I can usually be found planning my next solo-hiking adventure, working on my adult fantasy novel, or reading something from my ever-expanding TBR. (Check out my Instagram for creative writing and reading updates and thoughts.)
Feel free to email me with any questions or proposals you have. (And I’m always happy to talk about writing/money/sci-fi/film scores/bad 80’s movies.) You can also check out my profile on LinkedIn or follow me on Twitter for real-time updates on my work.